16 HOURS OF LIVE ONLINE SEWING CLASS (GROUP CLASSES)
2.5 hours of class each week until the finish
About: $11.25 Canadian per Hours with the Discount
About: $8.80 US Dollars Per Hour with the Discount
( Must have Access to Zoom and a Working Printer )
Sewing outline of Some to the thing we will be learning
Intro to the Sewing Machine
- Principal parts of the Sewing machine
- Knowing the Standard accessories and some of its use
- Standard accessories (1)
- Basic Sewing Machine Foot/Learn how to change it
- How to change the Needle
- What type of needle to use with what fabric
- Learn about Different Threads to use with different projects
- Treading the Sewing Machine
- winding the bobbin
- Inserting the Bobbin
- Threading the upper thread
- Automatic needle threading
- Thread Tension _ (Test the different tension stitches: After we run our first stitch)
- Intro to the origin of Fabric
- How to choose your Fabric
- How to prep your Fabric
- How to care for your fabric
- Need to Know Sewing and Fabric Terms
- Some Need to know Sewing Symbols
- Introducing you to Measurement
- Intro to Seams
Learn some specialized Technique (for example, over 10 different types of Seam)
- Learn button Hole Stich ( all depends on the sewing machine)
and much much more
- Hand Stitching Technique
You will learn many different hand Stitching technique
and Much Much More.
- Some Beginners Sewing Projects :
Upon Complication of this class, Student can move to our Intermediate class
Singer Sewing Machine https://amzn.to/2KAxLc1
Singer Sewing Machine https://amzn.to/36efhq0
We use the Singer Heavy Duty 4423 or 4432 or 4452 or 4411 sewing machine at our studio and if you are new to sewing we recommend get this brand, So your learning will be smoother)
2 Sharp-pointed cutting shears OR Scissor (one for paper and one for fabric)
Pattern Making Set:
Ruler or a Yard Stick
2 to 6 yards of medium weight muslin fabric (unbleached calico)
Sewing thread (contrast color) Poly/cotton fabric
Pins, Pin Cushion, and needles
A Cutting Board, A cutting table or a flat surface.
Hand Sewing Needles
Extra Sewing Machine Needles
6 needle treaded
Threads ( All Purpose Polyester Thread for Hand and Machine Sewing )
Fabric Marking Pens or Pencil, Chalk,. ...
Regular size Ruler
Or Fabric clips https://amzn.to/388AKko
Pin holder or Pincushion (We will make a pincushion, as one of our first projects: (Please get 1 single dishwashing Sponge)
Iron and Ironing Board
Buttons (You can also pick a button from old clothing) https://amzn.to/3gUBltE
Can Get Zippers: https://amzn.to/2KyRdpC
Loop Turner: https://amzn.to/3sY6YIp
Sewing Mat: https://amzn.to/2NEFMyo
Rotary cutter: https://amzn.to/2MoTYLe
Kraft rolling paper: https://amzn.to/3olBqJh
Tracing Wheel Set:: https://amzn.to/3a43XxG
Tracing wheel: https://amzn.to/39ifn1x
Tracing paper: https://amzn.to/3clDq1s
Sewing Lightweight Interfacing: https://amzn.to/2LYvjxq
We also sell lightweight interfacing at our studio $6.00 Canadian per yard Plus shipping
( Please contact us we ship around the world)
We will be selling Fabrics Soon!!!
(you will need zippers more when you move to intermediate level )
Boldness and ready to learn online
You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-742-9931
REQUEST TO JOIN OUR ACTIVE ONLINE FACEBOOK SEWING GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Totontosewingclasses
All Amazon link above is affiliated. If you make a purchase, I may get a commission
16 HOURS OF BEGINNERS LIVE ONLINE SEWING CLASS
Terms and Agreement Need to be sign and Sent back to us by email:
Once the buyer makes a purchase he or she agree to our term and agreement from our website:
Infinite Modesty Designs Waiver form
Please fill out the following form before your first class! Print, scan or email us at email@example.com
I acknowledge: Student Name and Parent name: for the following:
I agree to release and hold harmless Gellis Jerome Milandou and all employees and/or volunteers of Infinite Modesty Designs of all claims or liability related to any accident that may arise as a result of my and/or my child’s participation in this Online Sewing program.
I understand that sewing includes the use of machines, needles, scissors, and other sharp tools. These activities include risks that can cause or lead to injury. I take total responsibility to operate machines and to use tools and equipment in my own home at my own wrist.
Signature of student or parent/guardian:
CLASS CANCELLATION, REFUNDS & WITHDRAWAL POLICY
* It is your own responsibility to attend your Online classes and arrive on time. If you miss a class (without notification) it is not guaranteed that you will be able to make it up. We understand that things happen, so we will do our best to schedule one or two make-up class when necessary but it is not possible in every circumstance. If the instructor is ill for a class you will be inform before the class via phone, email and or Text message, a make-up class will be schedule for the miss class or classes.
* 100% of the class cost is non-refundable. If the class is cancelled by the studio due to insufficient registration, only in this case will you be refunded in full. There will be no refunds or credits for students who drop out or don’t show up for their class. Should you have to cancel your enrollment in a class we require a minimum of 48 hours notice before the start date of the said class, and only then 100% of the fee you paid can be used as a credit towards a future class or workshop or 72 hrs then a full refund will be granted.
Signature of student or parent/guardian
Rules and Conduct of Infinite Modesty Designs Sewing classes:
Thread the needle with caution.
Look under your fabric before cutting.
Keep fingers away from sewing machine needle when operating the machine.
Place fingers on either side of the presser foot, not directly in front of or near the needle. While sewing at the sewing machine, keep your eyes on your sewing! Do not be distracted and look away!
Always carry scissors with the sharp edge pointing towards the floor.
Pass sharp equipment to others with the handle first.
Lower your presser foot with caution, before you start sewing.
When sewing always Remove pins in fabric as you sew and always place them in the pin cushion.
Never put needles or pins on the table or in your mouth, never sew over pins in fabric Always place the iron in the upright position after use.
Please be mindful of who else is around you while ironing. Do not chat while ironing. Take extra caution when using the seam ripper as it has a sharp edge..
Tie long hair back or place up, just make sure it is out of the way.
Remove tie and or scarf, or any item that will get in the way when you are on the machine.
No drinking of liquid or wet fabric on the table or via the machine.
If something break or machine stop working, let the instructor know, don't try to fix on your own.
Ask for help at all times.
Use fabric shears for fabric only, keep fabric on the surface as you cut.
Measure twice cut once.
When operating the sewing machine, sew at a slow speed.
Forcing or pulling the fabric through the machine will cause the needle to break, let the feed dog move the fabric through the machine.
When you are not sewing, remove your feet from the feet control/ foot paddle on the floor, otherwise you may accidentally push the foot peddle and start the machine when you are not ready to sew.
When you are not sewing, turn the power switch off on the side of the machine if there is one. Sewing area must be clean.
Always be respective to everyone, regardless of genetic background.
Signature of student or parent/guardian